Monday, September 8, 2008

Marin's First Full Day of Kindergarten





Today was Marin's first official day of kindergarten. When I woke her up, the first thing she said was, "Yay, it's my first day of school." Let's hope she keeps that enthusiasm for school. Last night, when I was getting things ready for lunch, I asked her what she wanted. She said she wanted to take garbanzo beans instead of a sandwich, a fruit roll-up, some fruit, and a 100-calorie granola bar. She is so cute. Anyway, this morning I took her to school and brought her down to the classroom. She was very excited and didn't seem nervous in the least. She sat down and got right to work on her first worksheet. She then got a couple of books to look at. She didn't want me taking pictures of her. I had to sneak a couple. When Genevieve got there, she was very excited. Genevieve is at Marin's table, as is Miles so that makes it nice to have two kids that she already knows sitting by her. She then told me that I could leave. I wasn't quite ready to let go, but she politely shooed me out the door. I got a quick kiss and hug and that was the end of it. I didn't need the "Crying Room" that the school had set up for parents in the library who were bringing kindergarteners, but I did busy myself with chores and projects all day so I didn't have to think about how sad it is that she will be gone as well Andrew. She looked awfully cute sitting in the classroom. I will sure miss her.

4 comments:

Laura said...

OK, I am relieved to know that she has a red blazer---OK, it has a little coral in it, but that is perfect with her red nailpolish. SHe is such a beautiful little girl!!!

Laura said...

I love the picture of her getting off the bus, or getting on, not sure, but it is SOOO cute.

Sally said...

She is so cute! So what are you doing with all your time now?? I'm jealous!

Mindy said...

What a darling first day of school outfit! Is that so crazy that your baby is in school? Did you cry? Crazy they grow up so fast!!!