Each year, the school has a Grandparents/Special Friends day at school. The grandparents or a special friend is invited to visit each child in their classroom for about 45 minutes. The teacher has discretion as to what they want to do during that time. Then there is a musical program that the K-2 graders put on, followed by one for 3-5th graders. It is only about 20 minutes long. Each grade sings a couple of songs. Then there is a reception area with donuts, coffee and muffins for the visitors. It is very cute. This year, the Harker grandparents were going to be out of town so Keri and Lisa were invited to be the special friends. Andrew wanted Lisa to come to his class and Marin wanted Keri. I hopped back and forth between the two so I could see them both. Andrew's class sang a very cute song twice so that some of the late visitors got to hear it. Marin's class made hand puppets. They both did well in the musical program. Andrew really belted it out. I could hear him above all the other second graders. In fact, so could one of his soccer teammate's mom. She said she did not realize how loud Andrew could sing.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Grandparents/Special Friend Day at School
Each year, the school has a Grandparents/Special Friends day at school. The grandparents or a special friend is invited to visit each child in their classroom for about 45 minutes. The teacher has discretion as to what they want to do during that time. Then there is a musical program that the K-2 graders put on, followed by one for 3-5th graders. It is only about 20 minutes long. Each grade sings a couple of songs. Then there is a reception area with donuts, coffee and muffins for the visitors. It is very cute. This year, the Harker grandparents were going to be out of town so Keri and Lisa were invited to be the special friends. Andrew wanted Lisa to come to his class and Marin wanted Keri. I hopped back and forth between the two so I could see them both. Andrew's class sang a very cute song twice so that some of the late visitors got to hear it. Marin's class made hand puppets. They both did well in the musical program. Andrew really belted it out. I could hear him above all the other second graders. In fact, so could one of his soccer teammate's mom. She said she did not realize how loud Andrew could sing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Your kids are adorable. I love those school programs.
Post a Comment