Easter was a busy holiday for us this year. We did an egg hunt at our house, inside, due to the pouring rain. The kids got so much candy it was ridiculous. In previous years, I have put other things in their eggs, such as money or non food items. This year, I was too busy and too lazy to do that. They got tons of chocolate eggs in various flavors. My favorite was the Reeses eggs with peanut butter. They were delicous. I keep sneaking them out of the kids' stashes. We also had a ward Easter breakfast and egg hunt. Again, my kids cleaned house. Andrew got the most of anyone there. Both the kids were generous enough to share their goodies with some of the younger children that didn't get very much. We spent Sunday reflecting on the true meaning of Easter. It is nice to separate the secular from the spiritual. We went up to the Harkers'. Kyle was sick with RSV so he and Lisa were not there. It was relatively quiet. We had a good day.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Easter 2009
Easter was a busy holiday for us this year. We did an egg hunt at our house, inside, due to the pouring rain. The kids got so much candy it was ridiculous. In previous years, I have put other things in their eggs, such as money or non food items. This year, I was too busy and too lazy to do that. They got tons of chocolate eggs in various flavors. My favorite was the Reeses eggs with peanut butter. They were delicous. I keep sneaking them out of the kids' stashes. We also had a ward Easter breakfast and egg hunt. Again, my kids cleaned house. Andrew got the most of anyone there. Both the kids were generous enough to share their goodies with some of the younger children that didn't get very much. We spent Sunday reflecting on the true meaning of Easter. It is nice to separate the secular from the spiritual. We went up to the Harkers'. Kyle was sick with RSV so he and Lisa were not there. It was relatively quiet. We had a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment