This spring brought lots of activities at the school as well. They did the Run for the Arts program again. Each child gets pledges from friends, family and neighbors. They have 30 minutes to run a 1/4 mile loop around the blacktop. For each lap, they get their card marked. Then they get points awarded for how many laps combined with how many pledges. Each of the kids did well enough to earn the requisite 30 points to be awarded their Run for the Arts T-shirt. I believe Andrew ran 11 laps and Marin did 9 laps, but it might be more than that. I helped while Andrew's class was running so I got some pictures of him but I didn't help when Marin's class did it so there are no photos of her.
The kids also participated in the Spring Music Program. The Kindergarten-2 graders were one night and the 3-5th graders were another night. Each grade got to sing 2-3 songs. Both of the kids did well. They dressed up and sang their little hearts out. We are so proud of them.



No comments:
Post a Comment