Andrew decided to hang up his baseball career, I am sure much to the chagrin of the Fahsbender boys. He has decided that soccer is much more his speed. I for one am glad that I don't have to sit through boring baseball games. Soccer is so much more interesting. I also love spring soccer because there are no practices. It is just 7 weeks of games. It was an interesting dynamic though. Most of the kids from two teams played baseball, so they combined the remaining kids from those two teams into one soccer team which competed with teams from other leagues. With no practices, the boys had to adjust to playing with players that they were used to playing against in fall soccer. They adjusted pretty well. They also had about 3 different coaches throughout the course of the 7 weeks since the two regular coaches were at aforementioned baseball games with their sons. One father finally stepped in for the last 5 weeks, although his son had never played soccer before. It made for some interesting games. Andrew has really improved his soccer abilities. He did awesome. One game, Kevin promised him $20 per goal. Silly Daddy!! Andrew scored 2 goals that game with a third that hit the post and bounced out. Andrew was pretty excited after that game. Other than the weather which did not cooperate (Mother Nature gave us Fall soccer weather), it was a great experience.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Spring Soccer 2010
Andrew decided to hang up his baseball career, I am sure much to the chagrin of the Fahsbender boys. He has decided that soccer is much more his speed. I for one am glad that I don't have to sit through boring baseball games. Soccer is so much more interesting. I also love spring soccer because there are no practices. It is just 7 weeks of games. It was an interesting dynamic though. Most of the kids from two teams played baseball, so they combined the remaining kids from those two teams into one soccer team which competed with teams from other leagues. With no practices, the boys had to adjust to playing with players that they were used to playing against in fall soccer. They adjusted pretty well. They also had about 3 different coaches throughout the course of the 7 weeks since the two regular coaches were at aforementioned baseball games with their sons. One father finally stepped in for the last 5 weeks, although his son had never played soccer before. It made for some interesting games. Andrew has really improved his soccer abilities. He did awesome. One game, Kevin promised him $20 per goal. Silly Daddy!! Andrew scored 2 goals that game with a third that hit the post and bounced out. Andrew was pretty excited after that game. Other than the weather which did not cooperate (Mother Nature gave us Fall soccer weather), it was a great experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment